2018 Performance Marketing Study
For the last two years, the Performance Marketing Association has been working to bring together key industry players to conduct an industry-wide survey focused on the size of affiliate marketing in the United States.
Working with PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC), we were able to produce a whitepaper that not only estimates the size of the industry at over $6 billion but also provides key metrics in terms of Ad Spend, Revenue by Advertising Sectors, Return on Ad Spend, and more.
Some of the key takeaways from the study include:
- The highest ad spend by affiliate type when to Content and Bloggers at 39%.
- Although Return on Ad Spend (ROAS) varied greatly by advertiser sector, the average ROAS excluding financial institutions was 12:1.
- Retail accounted for 50% of total spend by sector.
Thanks to the following participants for their contributions to this huge undertaking:
- CJ Affiliate
- Rakuten Marketing
Latest posts by Tricia Meyer (see all)
- Free Round Table Replay: Performance Marketing Strategies and Trends During COVID-19 for Q3 and Back to School - July 9, 2020
- PMA Virtual Round Table: Performance Marketing Strategies & Trends During COVID for Q3 & Back to School - July 1, 2020
- Announcing New PMA Officers and Board Members - June 10, 2020