2018 Performance Marketing Study
For the last two years, the Performance Marketing Association has been working to bring together key industry players to conduct an industry-wide survey focused on the size of affiliate marketing in the United States.
Working with PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC), we were able to produce a whitepaper that not only estimates the size of the industry at over $6 billion but also provides key metrics in terms of Ad Spend, Revenue by Advertising Sectors, Return on Ad Spend, and more.
Some of the key takeaways from the study include:
- The highest ad spend by affiliate type when to Content and Bloggers at 39%.
- Although Return on Ad Spend (ROAS) varied greatly by advertiser sector, the average ROAS excluding financial institutions was 12:1.
- Retail accounted for 50% of total spend by sector.
Thanks to the following participants for their contributions to this huge undertaking:
- CJ Affiliate
- Rakuten Marketing
2018 PMA Industry SurveyNon-members can purchase the 2018 PMA Industry Survey for $99. Your copy will be emailed to you within 48 hours.
Latest posts by Tricia Meyer (see all)
- PMA Welcomes CJ as Industry Champion Member - October 19, 2021
- Watch Fall PMA Conference Video Replays - October 18, 2021
- Whitepaper: Benefits of Working with Deal and Coupon Affiliates - October 11, 2021