2018 Performance Marketing Study
For the last two years, the Performance Marketing Association has been working to bring together key industry players to conduct an industry-wide survey focused on the size of affiliate marketing in the United States.
Working with PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC), we were able to produce a whitepaper that not only estimates the size of the industry at over $6 billion but also provides key metrics in terms of Ad Spend, Revenue by Advertising Sectors, Return on Ad Spend, and more.
Some of the key takeaways from the study include:
- The highest ad spend by affiliate type when to Content and Bloggers at 39%.
- Although Return on Ad Spend (ROAS) varied greatly by advertiser sector, the average ROAS excluding financial institutions was 12:1.
- Retail accounted for 50% of total spend by sector.
Thanks to the following participants for their contributions to this huge undertaking:
- CJ Affiliate
- Rakuten Marketing
2018 PMA Industry Survey
Non-members can purchase the 2018 PMA Industry Survey for $99. Your copy will be emailed to you within 48 hours.
Latest posts by Tricia Meyer (see all)
- PMA Announces Cocktail Brunch For Affiliate Summit West 2024 - December 7, 2023
- PMA Announces 2024 Board of Directors - December 5, 2023
- Conquer Tracking Issues to Lift Conversions (Video Replay) - November 28, 2023