The PMA Measurements and Insights Council recently conducted a survey to ascertain the top reasons that consumers shop online. With over 750 respondents in 48 states, the survey was a good representation of the various reasons often given by shoppers.
When asked for the top 3 reasons that they shop online, consumers responded (in order of preference):
- Shipped Directly to My Door (61.26%)
- Saves Time (50.13%)
- Large Selection/Variety of Merchandise (44.63%)
- 24-Hour Online Store Availability/Convenience
- Easy to Compare Products/Prices
- Better Prices
- Avoid Crowds
- No Sales Tax
- Privacy of Purchases
When asked for the single most important reason they shop online, the top 3 responses were:
- Larger Selection/Variety of Merchandise (21.47%)
- Shipped Directly to My Door (18.98%)
- Saves Time (18.72%)
The response given least (less than 1% of respondents) was the lack of sales tax for online purchases.
PMA Members will receive a more detailed breakdown of these results as well as analysis of some of the states. Further inquiries can be directed to Executive Director Tricia Meyer or PMA Board of Directors President Rachel Honoway.
Latest posts by Tricia Meyer (see all)
- PMA Webinar: New and Non-Traditional Affiliate Models - March 22, 2018
- The GDPR and Affiliate Marketing: What You Need To Know - March 20, 2018
- PMA Recap of ASW18 - January 30, 2018