PMA Whitepaper: Guide to Retailer Agreements
Affiliate marketing is always changing, and retailer agreements need to keep up with those changes. Because of that, the PMA Compliance Council recently updated a terrific resource known as the “Guide to Retailer Affiliate Agreements.”
The purpose of the guide is “to provide best practices to advertisers, specifically retailers, on establishing affiliate marketing agreements for the changing online environment.” The Guide is targeted to both retailers who manage their own programs and agencies who manage programs for them.
Some of the sections of the Guide include:
- Best Practices for Various Publisher Types
- Software and Toolbar Advertising Restrictions
- Best Practices for Social Media and Influencer Marketing
- Represented Use of Trademark and Branded Names
- Permitted Publisher Classes
- Order Reversals and Back Orders
- Cookie Duration
- Promotion Code Distribution
- Program Terms Violations
- Commissionable Events and Payouts
With sections on various best practices, lists of laws and standards to apply, and over 50 questions to ask yourself about how you want to run your program, this Guide is a MUST for anyone looking to create a new Affiliate Agreement or update an old one.
PMA members can download this free resource while logged into their PMA account or visiting the Slack Documents and Downloads channel.
Thanks to Rebecca Stern, Awin/ShareASale, and the rest of the Compliance Council for their hard work on this!
Latest posts by Tricia Meyer (see all)
- AI and Performance Marketing: Policies, Practices, and Legalities (Video Replay) - September 21, 2023
- PMA Whitepaper: Guide to Retailer Agreements - August 30, 2023
- PMA Whitepaper: What You Need to Know About Trademark+ Bidding - August 22, 2023