Internet Sales Tax Reform Updates
The Performance Marketing Association’s mission is to advance and protect responsible performance marketing. One of our main goals is to advocate on behalf of the businesses that comprise the performance marketing industry and we’ve vigorously done so, since 2008.
As 2014 is shaping up to be an interesting year for performance marketing with Do-Not-Track, Consumer Privacy and FTC Compliance legislation on the table along with additional Internet sales tax reform legislation, the PMA will be working diligently to provide leadership and guidance to protect against the unconstitutional laws that threaten our industry.
To that end, we want to keep you updated on the Federal and State legislative activity concerning Internet sales tax (both passed and proposed), so that you can be aware of how it may impact your business.
Internet Sales Tax Reform Around the United States
- Please click on the YELLOW states below to review the state’s respective law/statute.
- GREEN states indicate a bill, or bills that were ruled invalid through the court process.
- RED states indicate a bill that is introduced and being considered by state legislature.
This information is not tax or legal advice, it does not necessarily represent the PMA’s position(s). It is provided as a courtesy for your convenience. The PMA shall not be responsible for the accuracy of such information, especially considering a portion of the information may be provided by third parties. We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such information. You should consult with your own legal and tax advisors before taking or refraining from taking any actions.
>> More information on PMA industry achievements, why you should care about Internet Sales Tax Reform and the Marketplace Fairness Act.
How Can You Help?
- Contribute to the Performance Marketing Fairness Fund to help us fight these bills.
- Contact us to volunteer to help with grassroots efforts.
- Become a member of the Performance Marketing Association
Members of the Performance Marketing Association receive exclusive access to industry information, related reports and legal information that keep them abreast of how these changes will affect your business, access to our Members-Only Facebook Group. ability to participate in our PMA Member groups, networking opportunities and more (based on the level of membership you choose).
Please click on the Membership Levels below to learn more about the inclusives.
Latest posts by Hannah Wharrier (see all)
- The PMA Releases “Blogging and New Media Disclosure Information” Document - August 15, 2014
- The Benefits of Performance Marketing for Bloggers - July 14, 2014
- PMA Compliance Council Guide to the Canada Anti-Spam Law - July 1, 2014
Adam SavageFebruary 27, 2014 at 6:24 pm
Re your map about Internet Tax Reform…
Yellow, green, and red are clearly explained.
What does the light blue means? No Internet sales tax at this time?
It is not obvious to those who look at your map for the first time.
Missy WardFebruary 27, 2014 at 6:34 pm
Hi Adam – the light blue that you are referring to are not states. They are bodies of water known as the Great Lakes.