Performance marketing, also known as affiliate marketing, is a great way for people to make money online. However, it isn’t a ‘get rich quick’ scheme. Being a performance-based publisher takes work, time, dedication and persistence. Becoming a publisher (also known as an affiliate) gives you the opportunity to:
- Become an entrepreneur
- Follow your passion
- Be creative
- Earn a living by or supplement your income
- Get started with very little money (under $100 if you already own your computer!)
The following skills and characteristics are important to have if you want to be a publisher:
- You have to be a self-motivated person who isn’t afraid of making mistakes and trying, and retrying, until you find what works.
- You have to be a creative problem solver because, while there are virtually endless opportunities, you have to figure out those that will bring results.
- Some basic technical knowledge, such as setting up a website or a blog, is needed.
- You need to be able to write compelling content and ad copy.
Here is an article to get you started: