Performance Marketing Study Available for Download
The Performance Marketing Association is excited to announce that the 2018 Performance Marketing Study is now available for anyone to download for free. Following the PMA’s presentation of the results at Affiliate Summit West last week, the report is now publicly available.
For the last two years, the PMA has been working to bring together key industry players to conduct an industry-wide survey focused on the size of affiliate marketing in the United States.
Working with PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC), we were able to produce a whitepaper that not only estimates the size of the industry at over $6.2 billion but also provides key metrics in terms of Ad Spend, Revenue by Advertising Sectors, Return on Ad Spend, and more.
Some of the key takeaways from the study include:
- The highest ad spend by affiliate type when to Content and Bloggers at 39%.
- Although Return on Ad Spend (ROAS) varied greatly by advertiser sector, the average ROAS excluding financial institutions was 12:1.
- Retail accounted for 50% of total spend by sector.
Thanks to the following participants for their contributions to this huge undertaking:
- CJ Affiliate
- Rakuten Marketing
Members can log into their accounts to download.
The PMA will soon begin our study using 2019 data, and it will be available for PMA members in July.
Latest posts by Tricia Meyer (see all)
- PMA Welcomes CJ as Industry Champion Member - October 19, 2021
- Watch Fall PMA Conference Video Replays - October 18, 2021
- Whitepaper: Benefits of Working with Deal and Coupon Affiliates - October 11, 2021