PMA Launches Toolbar Survey for Networks and Platforms
Over the last year, the Performance Marketing Association has been working toward industry best practices regarding DSPs (Downloadable Software Publishers). The first PMA effort on this subject was the PMA Compliance Council’s whitepaper entitled “DSP: A Quick Reference Guide.”
After holding a webinar and several focus groups, the Measurements and Insights Council determined that more education is a primary need in this area. Toward that end, it is publishing a matrix that will compare the DSP policies of affiliate networks, platforms, and tracking solutions.
Any company that fits into one of those categories is invited to complete the survey and have its information including in the matrix, whether or not they are a PMA member. Information being collected includes:
- Do you have defined policies on toolbar and technology affiliates (also known as DSPs)?
- Does your tracking require DSPs to “stand down” when a visitor has come through another publisher’s affiliate links?
- Does your tracking allow the option for DSPs to “stand down” when a visitor has come through another publisher’s affiliate links?
- Are DSPs audited before being allowed into the network?
- Are DSPs routinely audited after being allowed into the network?
- Do you have split commission capabilities for retailers to be able to reward multiple publishers for the same transaction?
The more companies who participate in the survey, the better we will be able to see the state of our industry with regard to DSP policies and best practices.
If your company would like to participate in the survey and has not already received an email with the link to fill it out, please contact Tricia Meyer (firstname.lastname@example.org). There is no deadline as the matrix will be continuously updated.
Latest posts by Tricia Meyer (see all)
- Video Replay of Amazon Seller Affiliate: Pros and Cons for Publishers and Brands - February 12, 2024
- Free Webinar: Amazon Seller Affiliate, Pros and Cons for Publishers and Brands - February 1, 2024
- PMA Launches Toolbar Policy Comparison - January 30, 2024