PMA Panel: Are Toolbar Publishers the Heroes or Villains of Affiliate Marketing?
Let’s get ready to ruuuuuuummmmbbbbllle!
Okay…. it may not really be that dramatic. But it’s definitely going to be a good debate.
I am going to have the pleasure of moderating a panel session at Affiliate Summit West next week that will feature our PMA President Sarah Beeskow Blay (Silverbean) and our PMA Vice President Jim Nichols (Exclamation Marketing). The topic–toolbars and affiliate marketing.
Over the last year, the PMA has taken up the issue of toolbars (or Downloadable Software Publishers more generally) and approached it from multiple angles– surveys, webinars, whitepapers, focus groups, etc. The panel at Affiliate Summit will be the culmination of that work– a true old school debate where each panelist is assigned a side that they will have to defend.
Sarah and Jim have been compiling opinions, data, feedback, and other resources to defend their assigned side, whether they personally agree with it or not (you’ll never know!). Which side will win? In my opinion, the industry in general will win by opening up more conversation and education on the topic.
Here are just a few of the tough questions I will be asking them:
- Aren’t toolbars just stealing traffic from other publishers?
- Do toolbars add value to the customer experience?
- Are conversions from toolbar publishers incremental traffic?
- Can we use technology to solve the disputes between publisher types?
Plus, we will be allowing time for YOUR questions of the panelists.
Wherever you stand on toolbars–heroes, villains, or just another publisher type–you will be interested to hear their responses!
Latest posts by Tricia Meyer (see all)
- What Do You Want to See from the PMA? - February 21, 2024
- Video Replay of Amazon Seller Affiliate: Pros and Cons for Publishers and Brands - February 12, 2024
- Free Webinar: Amazon Seller Affiliate, Pros and Cons for Publishers and Brands - February 1, 2024