Recruiting Industry Leaders for PMA Member Councils
The PMA offers a range of councils that bring together subject matter experts and industry leaders to help foster ongoing dialog around the performance marketing industry’s most pressing issues.
Each of the councils are responsible for examining how trends, issues, challenges, benefits and new technologies impact their specific subject area and then taking action to share findings and conclusions with the community at large. These actions may result in guidelines, best practices, standards and recommendations from each council.
Joining a council is a great way to get your name associated with industry thought leadership: members are listed as co-authors on all publications, including podcasts, press opportunities and speaking engagements.
As a reminder, Industry Champion members and their employees may participate in an unlimited number of member councils, Corporate Level members and their employees may join a total of 3 member councils, while Solopreneur members may sign up for one member council.
Please let us know if you are interested in joining or learning more about these councils by contacting Rachel Guillot: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Below are the councils that are currently meeting and a couple that are on temporary hiatus as we look for new chairs.
PMA Publisher Recruitment Council
Chair: Laura Isbrandtsen, VP, Client Partnerships, Ibotta
- To grow the base of publishers by attracting publishers with an established internet presence, who aren’t yet monetizing their traffic and content, and introduce them to publishing best practices.
- To highlight the benefits of using technology solutions to monetize existing presence, traffic and content.
- To encourage innovation in areas of opportunity within performance marketing, such as leveraging publishers’ first-party data, analyzing big data, customer targeting, mobile and social, to name just a few.
- To educate OPMs and program managers on the advantages of recommending publisher monetization solutions so they can grow their base of publishers and streamline interaction with existing clients.
- To help merchants encourage and recruit more publishers and deepen their relationships with those they already work with by offering solutions that will ultimately make merchants and their programs more profitable.
- To create strategies for an ongoing recruitment and education program for content publishers.
Meetings: 4th Wednesday of every month
PMA Compliance Council
Chair: Rebecca Stern, Partner Compliance Specialist, ShareASale
Mission Statement: Compliance has been an essential aspect of all forms of online marketing since its inception. The compliance council will stress the positive impact that direct relationships between advertisers and publishers in performance marketing has on the overall compliance of the channel.
The compliance council is chartered to:
- Advance performance marketing through the identification of compliance best practices. Provide guidelines to advertisers for program management, channel attribution and relationship management
- Develop industry standards and codes of conduct for key aspects of performance marketing such as advertiser-affiliate relationships, software usage, etc.
- Provide a voice for the performance marketing industry to respond and engage with the media on compliance oriented issues
- Provide a forum for discussion of rising compliance concerns
Meetings: 3rd Thursday of every month
PMA Industry Advancement Council
Chair: Choots Humphries, Cofounder and CEO, LinkConnector
Mission Statement: To raise the level of knowledge, awareness and opportunities available through performance-based advertising/marketing model. This Council will elaborate on best practices and standards that can be leveraged by both internal and external industry professionals
- Internal: To help educate existing players (networks, merchants and publishers) on the basic fundamental principles of sustainable, best practices for the channel that will promote the success of each of the players and ultimately help grow the overall industry.
- Outreach: Develop materials that highlight the value and opportunities of the performance marketing channel to merchants and advertisers looking to enter the space or grow their online marketing efforts.
Meetings: 2nd Wednesday of every month
PMA Measurements & Insights Council
Chair: Jenna Walsh, Business Intelligence, AWin
Mission Statement: To express the value of performance marketing through data and insights. The council will work collaboratively to identify performance marketing’s key value pillars and then support these pillars with relevant and compelling data. The council will also provide insights and guidance related to the evolving trends and technology in digital advertising that impact the performance marketing community.
Meetings: 1st Thursday of every month
Chair: Currently Unfilled
PMA Coupons & Deals Council (on hiatus)
Mission Statement: To create and impart a deeper understanding of the value of working with coupon and deal publishers for merchants. Through educational materials and case studies, the council plans to clearly demonstrate the proven value of coupon and deal publishers in the performance marketing equation. In addition, the council will work to develop guidelines for publishers in the space to ensure that ethical standards and best practices are being followed.
PMA Retailer/Merchant Committee (on hiatus)
Chair: Currently Unfilled
Mission Statement: As retailers and merchants we have a unique position in the performance marketing space. We have access to data across multiple channels and have great insight into what works best for our individual brands. We understand, with greater intensity than networks or agencies, the importance of staying on brand across all channels.
As many retailers and merchants grow and adopt different attribution models and analytics packages, the value of performance marketing is becoming more and more clear. Often, performance marketing channels amass the greatest new customer ratio and, often, the highest channel ROI.
Therefore, the Retailers and Merchants Committee will focus on those topics of greatest interest to retailers and merchants specifically. Our mission will be to advance the ethical and successful strategies in performance marketing, as well as elevate its position by defining and adopting best practices within our organizations.
Latest posts by Tricia Meyer (see all)
- PMA Announces Cocktail Brunch For Affiliate Summit West 2024 - December 7, 2023
- PMA Announces 2024 Board of Directors - December 5, 2023
- Conquer Tracking Issues to Lift Conversions (Video Replay) - November 28, 2023