The Top Blogger Plugins You Need To Know About
The Publisher Recruitment Council reached out to the PMA community (members and followers) to find out which plugins are the best for bloggers and the results are in. Take a look below to see which plugins people voted for and reasons why they love them. We hope that this list will provide you with some handy and helpful tools as you start off 2016!
Top 3 Blogger Plugins
Coming in on top is Yoast SEO. While the Yoast SEO plugin goes the extra mile to take care of all the technical optimization, it first and foremost helps you write better content.
- “Yoast SEO takes something that used to be confusing for me, and made it really simple! I can always check to see if my posts are in good SEO standing through the page analysis provided, which is my favorite part of my favorite plugin!” – Abby Schaller, Blogger Liaison, ShareASale
- “Yoast SEO is a must to control and test your on page SEO features.” – Arye Barsky, Online Marketing Specialist, IMPromoCoder
- “Yoast SEO helps me find the perfect keywords for my posts.” – Jennifer Hardy, Your Magical Vacation
- “Yoast SEO is just magic.” – Christen Monynihan, Editorial and Accounts Manager, The Broke Ass Bride
Another fan favorite is Pretty Link (both free and paid options). It’s a plugin for people who want to clean up their affiliate links, track clicks from emails, ensure their links on Twitter to come from their own domain, or generally increase the reach of their website by spreading these links on forums or comments on other blogs.
- “Pretty Link Lite (free) allows me to turn ugly affiliate links into pretty looking links, control follow/unfollow feature and track clicks stats.” – Arye Barsky
- “Pretty Link Pro (paid) is my everything as far as affiliate links go. I love that I’m able to populate keywords with preferred links, and the cloaking / shortening functionality is wonderful for social media.” – Christen Monynihan
Wrapping up the top 3 blogger plugins is SumoMe. This plugin will make it easy for your readers to join your email list, share your articles and optimize with analytics.
- “I started using SumoMe only for social sharing but am finding that the more I learn about their features, the more of them I use.” – Tricia Meyer, Owner, Helping Moms Connect.
- “I use SumoMe because it has a free pop up window asking for signup to my newsletter. It also has free usage applications so I can see how users are using each of my pages so I can format my page in a way they will use.” – Jennifer Hardy
Other Useful Plugins (listed alphabetically) –
- Alpine PhotoTile – Creates WordPress image via an Instagram user or tag – “I like Alpine PhotoTile for Instagram and Pinterest.” – Amy Mascott, Owner, Teach Mama Media
- AW Convert-A-Link – Converts your product links to affiliate links – “It is so incredibly easy to use, customize, and track and allows me to use affiliates effectively and efficiently!” – Jenn Halek, Owner, The Overwhelmed Bride and “It added an additional revenue stream that is worthwhile. Very easy to use!” – Susan Wilkins, Pattern Pile
- Co-Schedule – Queues social media messages to go launch once blog post is live –“Beyond gorgeous design, the drag ‘n’ drop editorial calendar functionality is amazing at keeping me organized and making sure my team is on point.” – Christen Monynihan
- Disqus – Blog commenting hosting service – “Great way to share comments in a very organic conversational way” – Michael Ackerman, eCommerce Director, MC Management
- Editorial Calendar – Overview of future blog posts and enables you to re-organize – “It helps me stay organized.” – Amy Mascott
- Facebook Social Plugins – Gives the abilities to share your content with one click -“Great way to share content!” – Michael Ackerman
- MailPoet – Newsletters, post notifications and autoresponders – “Awesome for email newsletters, easy to use, the price is right. Free.” – Susan Wilkins
- Ninja Popups – Newsletter sign-up pop ups to grow your list – “As probably most bloggers feel, I was hesitant with using a popup in order to collect emails. However using one has probably gave me x10 times the subscribers amount.” – Arye Barsky
- ShareASale Dealsbar – Widget that displays your merchant deals automatically – “I like to use the ShareASale Deals Bar, especially around the busy holiday shopping period because it automatically updates my readers with various coupons and deals.” – Abby Schaller
- Social Warfare – Multiple tools for social sharing including click-to-tweet – “It lets you put out an image perfect for each SM platform. Increases potential sharing.” – Anne Paris, Blogger, Not A Supermom
Thanks to everyone who responded to the Call for Comment and to the Council for pulling everything together.