What you need to know about Trademark + Bidding (Whitepaper)
Trademark + bidding is a digital marketing tactic of targeting paid search ads to branded keywords such as an advertiser’s brand name or a variation thereof. “Trademark plus” (TM+) uses a brand name plus another keyword. The intersection of Trademark +Bidding in the landscape of affiliate marketing can be widely misunderstood and sometimes controversial in its execution.
This informative whitepaper from the PMA covers topics such as:
- The advantages and disadvantages of Trademark + Bidding for advertisers
- The risks of rogue Trademark + Bidding
- Why advertisers do and do not allow Trademark + Bidding
- What specifically is the damage of Trademark bidding when a Brands’ terms are hijacked?
- Court cases of note
- The landscape of advertisers that do and do not allow it
- Best practices in using it in your business
The download is now free to anyone!
Thanks to the Coupons and Deals Council, led by Craig McGlynn of PartnerCentric and Larissa Feuerstein of FMTC, for their hard work on this project!
Other contributing council members included:
Andrew Kardon, TopCashBack
Anne Marie Coutts, Partnerize
Latest posts by Tricia Meyer (see all)
- PMA Announces 2021 Board of Directors - December 8, 2020
- PMA Virtual Roundtable: Long-Term Impacts of COVID-19 and How to Plan for 2021 - November 11, 2020
- PMA 2021 Board of Directors Nominees - November 4, 2020