New Compliance Council Whitepaper on Influencer Disclosure
The PMA Compliance Council has just released a new whitepaper entitled “Compliance Guide for Influencer Marketing.” Information in this paper includes:
- Definition of influencers juxtaposed with endorsers and affiliates
- Proper disclosures on various different media
- Types of claims and how they should be disclosed
- Risk assessment
- Cost of non-compliance
A huge thanks goes to Jennifer Moor and the staff at Rakuten Marketing for their work on this document. They were instrumental both in the content and production of the final whitepaper.
The FTC has been very aggressive lately in its actions and education regarding proper disclosure of material connections between brands and influencers (as well as affiliate marketers). In fact, they held a Twitter Q&A yesterday which we attended and summarized. Although this paper is geared primarily toward influencer marketing. it applies to not only influencers but affiliates, publishers, and endorsers.
Latest posts by Tricia Meyer (see all)
- PMA Announces 2021 Board of Directors - December 8, 2020
- PMA Virtual Roundtable: Long-Term Impacts of COVID-19 and How to Plan for 2021 - November 11, 2020
- PMA 2021 Board of Directors Nominees - November 4, 2020