Influencer Marketing v. Affiliate Marketing Webinar (Recap and Download)
As Influencers continue to cross over into Affiliate Marketing, the focus is being placed on how best we can all work together to continue strengthening the Performance Marketing industry. This past Monday, September 17th, the PMA hosted the Influencer Marketing vs. Affiliate Marketing webinar. This was moderated by Tricia Meyer, owner of Sunshine Rewards and the PMA’s Executive Director,
- Eric Nagel, Partner, Type-A Parent Conference
- Alison Chew, Director, Partners & Insights, Acceleration Partners
- Wade Tonkin, Senior Manager – Affiliate, Fanatics
The webinar addressed the following topics and questions:
- Are Influencer Marketing and Affiliate Marketing the same thing?
- Are there different strategies needed to activate Influencers as opposed to Affiliates?
- What are hybrid campaigns?
- What can Affiliate Marketers learn from Influencers?
- What can Influencers learn from Affiliate Marketers?
- What is the best way of identifying a group of Influencers that might be a good match for a brand?
- What part should the PMA play in Influencer Marketing?
- FTC disclaimers, Affiliate Marketers vs. Influencers
- Recommendations for nurturing relationships with Influencers
In summary, Performance Marketing is about relationship building, regardless of whether they are an Affiliate Marketer or an Influencer. The major difference is the approach taken to ensure these relationships are fruitful.
PMA members who were unable to attend can listen to the audio version below or download for future listening (must be logged into your member account).
Latest posts by Tricia Meyer (see all)
- Influencer Marketing v. Affiliate Marketing Webinar (Recap and Download) - October 4, 2018
- 2019 PMA Board Of Directors Nominations Open - October 2, 2018
- PMA Webinar: Influencer Marketing v. Affiliate Marketing - September 11, 2018