PMA 2023 Year in Review
It was an incredibly busy year for the Performance Marketing Association! Sometimes it’s hard to realize just how much you are accomplishing until you look back at it over time. While we could definitely feel the momentum building as the year went on, it is still amazing to look back at the year we had.
Conferences and Happy Hours
We kicked off the year in Vegas with Affiliate Summit West and traveled to Miami in April for our first PI LIVE event then onto New York in July for Affiliate Summit East. Each of those shows was accompanied by members-only happy hours. In between those official PMA events, we also participated in AMPLIFY Summit, Awin/ShareASale Think Tank, and eTail.
One of our goals this year was to include more industry members in our educational efforts. Toward that end, we moved most of our webinars from Zoom to LinkedIn so that the content could be viewed and shared more easily. Webinars can still be replayed now!
- AI and Performance Marketing: Can You, Should You, and How?
- FTC Disclosure Updates for Affiliate and Influencer Marketing
- AI and Performance Marketing: Policies, Practices, and Legalities
- Can the Coupon Code Survive?
- Publisher Payments and Partnerships
- Conquer Tracking Issues to Lift Conversions
- Affiliate Summit West 2024: Prepare with the PMA
Council Work and Whitepapers
In addition to preparing and hosting most of the webinars listed above, the Councils all met monthly and were busy on various projects. While many meetings consisted of policy discussions, updates on industry news, and general networking, they also managed to produce some terrific content.
- Compliance Council survey: Affiliate Marketing and AI
- Measurements and Insights Council survey: Affiliate Attribution
- Publisher Recruitment Council whitepaper: What You Need to Know about Trademark+ Bidding
- Compliance Council whitepaper: Guide to Retailer Agreements
- Compliance Council post: New Gmail and Yahoo! Bulk Mailer Requirements
- Industry Update post: FTC Targets Influencers for Promoting Trade Associations on TikTok and Instagram
- Measurements and Insights Council survey: DSP Policies
- Industry Advancement Council: Affiliate Media Kit (to be released January)
By the Numbers
Here are just a few stats that show how many people are participating in the PMA:
- 159 PMA member companies, an increase of 23% over last year
- 38% increase in LinkedIn followers over last year
- 2776 newsletter subscribers
- 110 active Slack members
- Almost 200 attendees across our 3 in-person happy hours
- Over 120 free conference tickets provided
In June we announced our 15th year of membership and celebrated with a new logo and special stickers at events, along with participation in numerous podcasts around the industry.
Finally, we ended the year with a virtual Holiday Happy Hour where dozens of members popped around the Zoom rooms chatting and celebrating the end of a successful year.
Here’s to 2024!!
Latest posts by Tricia Meyer (see all)
- What Do You Want to See from the PMA? - February 21, 2024
- Video Replay of Amazon Seller Affiliate: Pros and Cons for Publishers and Brands - February 12, 2024
- Free Webinar: Amazon Seller Affiliate, Pros and Cons for Publishers and Brands - February 1, 2024