What You Missed From the PMA in 2016
Even if you read every newsletter and watch for our social media posts, you probably missed something the Performance Marketing Association did last year. Here’s a quick wrap-up of some of the most important things we accomplished in 2016.
- We kicked off the year by meeting members at Affiliate Summit West at our Meet Market Table and our CEO’s Cocktail Hour in January.
- The Publisher Recruitment Council, after surveying members, published The Top Blogger Plugins You Need to Know About.
- Throughout the year we updated members on nexus tax issues and changes in states like Colorado, Louisiana, and South Dakota. We also helped mobilize a group in Utah to fight their pending nexus legislation. Our entire Nexus Tax Resource section was redesigned and updated. In addition, we updated the membership on newly proposed federal legislation.
- A new membership level, Retailer, was introduced to take into account the changing needs of our members.
- The Compliance Council released the whitepaper Using Images and Copyrighted Works on Your Blog.
- A new committee on Ad Blocking began tracking ad blocking issues and opening communications across members to discuss recent news and possible solutions.
- The Compliance Council updated their FTC Disclosure Resource for Bloggers to include recent information about FTC disclosures and re-released the whitepaper.
- The Measurements and Insights Council conducted and released the 2016 Salary Survey.
- Members met at Affiliate Summit East in New York for a round-robin networking event as well as our Meet Market table.
- The Coupons and Deals Council released a new document entitled The Resource Guide for New Affiliate Managers, aimed at helping affiliate managers with best practices.
- In an effort to inform our members about possible changes in the legal landscape for affiliates, we summarized cases regarding network liability for deceptive advertising and affiliates being sued by merchants for false advertising.
- The Industry Advancement Council introduced a new initiative, “I Am Performance Marketing,” that will allow us to spotlight the different players in the industry and build awareness about who makes up performance marketing.
- The Publisher Recruitment Council published a new infographic, Finding Your Next Merchant, aimed at helping newer affiliates find merchants in their niches.
- The Job Board continued to be a valuable resource to many members, including the quarterly “Hiring Reports.”
On a personal level, I was excited to move from the Board of Directors to a position as Executive Director in April. It has allowed me to spend more time getting to know members and helping drive the initiatives of the organization.
I look forward to what 2017 will bring for us!
Latest posts by Tricia Meyer (see all)
- PMA Announces Cocktail Brunch For Affiliate Summit West 2024 - December 7, 2023
- PMA Announces 2024 Board of Directors - December 5, 2023
- Conquer Tracking Issues to Lift Conversions (Video Replay) - November 28, 2023