What You Missed from the PMA in 2017
Even if you read every newsletter and watch for our social media posts, you probably missed something the Performance Marketing Association did last year. Here’s a quick wrap-up of some of the most important things we accomplished in 2017.
- We kicked off the year by meeting members at Affiliate Summit West at our Meet Market Table and our Networking Cocktail Hour in January. We met up again in July for Affiliate Summit East.
- The Industry Advancement Council spotlighted industry members in its “I Am Performance Marketing” campaign to bring attention to the people in our industry and what they do on a daily basis.
- The Measurements and Insights Council conducted a survey about why people shop online and revealed the top 3 reasons from over 750 respondents.
- The Coupons and Deals Council released a whitepaper for merchants entitled “The Benefits of Using Coupons and How It Affects Your Affiliate Marketing Strategy.”
- The Compliance Council also updated our “Guide: Retailer Affiliate Agreements,” a resource to help retailers, affiliate managers, and agencies draft better agreements with their affiliates.
- The Job Board was revamped in a simpler form but continues to be a valuable resource to many members.
- We raised $1800 in our first summer online auction thanks to the donations and support of many members.
- A new Retailer and Merchant Council was launched.
- We participated in the FTC Twitter Chat on Disclosure and summarized the most important takeaways for the affiliate marketing industry.
- The Compliance Council released a whitepaper entitled “Compliance Guide for Influencer Marketing: What You Need to Know.”
- The Publisher Recruitment and Education Council released the “Affiliate Marketers’ Media Kit” as a guide to help marketers better understand the need for a media hit and how to create their own.
- We conducted and released the results of the 2017 Salary Survey.
- Slack discussions on Net Neutrality, nexus taxes, ad blocking, FTC disclosure, and more.
- A new board was elected to take effect this month.
We certainly had a productive year, and I expect to see even more in 2018 with some really big initiatives including an industry-wide survey on the size and scope of affiliate marketing in the United States as well as closer work with the FTC on affiliate link disclosure.
Latest posts by Tricia Meyer (see all)
- PMA Webinar: Influencer Marketing v. Affiliate Marketing - September 11, 2018
- Affiliate Marketing and ITP 2.0 (News and Updates) - September 6, 2018
- Meet PMA Members at the Type-A Annual Conference - August 22, 2018